- To apply for a place in our Sixth Form, please use the application form on the application process page, to be returned to our Sixth Form team (please download and save this document before completing, rather than using a web version).
- There is information and an application form regarding 16-19 Bursaries below:
A Level and other Qualification Reforms
- There is information about reformation of A Levels and other qualifications on the UCAS website. There is a link to this below.
New UCAS Tariffs
- The document below has information about the new UCAS tariffs:
Planning For the Future
- To start planning your route to Higher or Further Education you will need to visit the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) website via this link: www.ucas.com or via the UCAS Widget https://www.ucasdigital.com/widgets/advisers/ucas-adviser-widget.html
- Next Steps South West is an organisation that supports young people (and their parents) who are planning for life after KS5. You can access their website via this link: http://www.nextstepssw.ac.uk
- The National Careers Service website has information and advise about planning for various careers. You can access their website via this link: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
- The National Apprenticeship Service can help you find an apprenticeship. You can access their website via this link: http://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk
- icould.com is a website which is open to everyone which uses the power of personal stories to inform and inspire young people’s career choices. You can access their website via this link: https://icould.com/
- The Careers and Enterprise Network connects schools and colleges with employers and careers programme providers and supports them to work together to provide young people with effective and high-quality encounters with the world of work. You can access their website via this link: https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/
- The Department for Education publication regarding Student Finance 2020-2021 gives advice about the financial help available for students in Higher Education. You can access this via the following link: https://edu13.sprintsend.co.uk/b1/display.php?M=6716625&C=50c8bb3f586adc5f691b9787be4488da&S=315&L=153&N=119
- Prospects is a website offering support to graduates. They have a excellent page on their website with tips on creating effective CVs. You can access this via the following link: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/cvs-and-cover-letters/example-cvs
How Parents/Carers can help
- There is lots of useful guidance from the Success at School newsletter. There is a link to this below:
Life in the Sixth Form
The Sixth Form booklet below has information about being a Sixth Form student at The Spires College:
Here is the letter sent 14 July 20:
- For an appointment with Mr Davies or Ms Tunnard to discuss your application, please telephone 01803 408852 or email email@example.com.