Below are the revision sessions that are on offer to all year 11 students.
A printable version of the timetable is below:
Information about preparing for and sitting exams
As we approach the exam season when revision and preparation dominates our time, teachers and parents/carers need to help all of our students to prepare for the exams ahead.
Each student has been given a personalised exam timetable which includes the venue for all exams and the seat in which they will be sitting. We recommend that students check the seating plans before every exam so that they know exactly where they will be; this approach can reduce stress on the day.
Please be aware that no equipment will be handed out in the exam rooms. All students are expected to bring to every exam black biro-style pens to write with, pencils and a ruler in a clear case, as well as any subject specific equipment required such as a calculator. The requirement that a black ball-point pen is used comes from the exam boards. This means a biro-style pen; gel pens and ink pens are not permitted.
All bags will be stored in a locked room away from the exam room. Phones and other internet enabled devices (including watches) are not permitted in the exam room and we strongly suggest these are left at home. If they are brought into the college, it is the students’ responsibility to store them as we will not be collecting phones at the start of exams. Any student with a phone or internet enabled device in the exam room, even if it is turned off, will be subject to disqualification.
Before and during exams
Students must arrive fully equipped for the exam 10 minutes before the start time stated on their timetable. To reduce stress we will aim to start every exam promptly following the reading of the JCQ guidelines:
You must not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice in any part of the examination. You must:
- not sit an examination in the name of another candidate.
- not have in your possession any unauthorised material or equipment which might give you an unfair advantage.
- not have possession of a mobile phone or other unauthorised item or materials, even if you do not intend to use it. If you do, you will be subject to a penalty and possible disqualification.
- not talk to, attempt to communicate with or disturb other candidates once you have entered the examination room.
- follow the instructions of the invigilator.
- speak only to an invigilator if, during an exam, you have any questions. You must raise a hand and wait for an invigilator.
- in any unexpected circumstances such as a fire alarm, simply follow the invigilators’ instructions.
We have recently invested in brand new exam desks in order to improve the exam experience for students. Please be aware that these must not be written on or vandalised in any other way. Failure to follow this instruction will result in a student being charged for the desk and their invitation to the Prom revoked.
Parents/carers can support their child in preparing for the exams by keeping them well fed, watered and rested! Visualising the exam process and being organised at this time can improve exam performance.
Students will follow their normal college timetable until advised otherwise. Part way through the exam season, when it becomes impractical to continue with the normal timetable, it will be replaced with a schedule of revision sessions and exams. Please be aware that all students are required to wear full uniform at all times when they are in the college until the end of the summer term, even after their leavers' assembly has taken place.
Details about revision sessions taking place during the Easter or half-term break at the end of May will be available closer to the time.
If you have any questions about exam entries, please contact our Examinations Officer, Miss Whorne. If you have any other queries, please contact the appropriate subject teacher; Miss Bentley, Head of Year 11 or Mr Moore, Pastoral Support Manager.
Students must wear full uniform at all times when they are in the college until the end of the summer term, including exams and term time revision sessions. After you no longer need it, please bring in any good quality items of uniform that you would like to donate to be used by the pastoral team. You can leave your donations with the reception staff.
Final College Photographs
Tempest photography will be in college on Tuesday 20 March to take the final school photographs of our Year 11 students. There will be a whole year group shot and individual shots that you will be able to order copies of in the normal way (there will be a proof sheet and order form given to each student to bring home). There is also the opportunity for students to have photographs taken of their friendship groups.
Friendship group photographs will cost £7 for each person in the shot, and this will need to be paid in advance, by the end of morning break on Tuesday 20 March. Payment must be submitted to Mr Moore along with a completed information form. a form has been emailed to parents and students and further copies are available from me, in my room (0308). You can also download and print one using the following link: Year 11 Friendship group photograph request and payment form
Please see the examples of the cost below:
|Number of people in shot||Cost per person||Total cost|
• Each person in each shot will need to pay £7. If you are in two shots you will need to pay £14, three shots is £21, etc.
• A photograph will not be taken unless all of the people in the shot have paid their contribution.
• Inappropriate behaviour in shots will result in the photograph being withdrawn and no refunds being made to any person involved in the shot.
These will be a lovely memento for you to look back on in years to come.
Year 11 students may order a Leavers' Hoodie via the link below:
- Hoodies cose £16.95, plus £3.95 if you want your name on the back.
- The deadline for orders is 28 April 2018.
- The hoodies will be delivered to College and Mr Moore will distribute them when they arrive
Ordering is really simple, just input their name and email address then pick a size and a colour.
Year 11 Prom
The Year 11 Prom will take place on Friday 29 June at The Imperial Hotel. Reception is at 7 pm and carriages are at midnight. Attendance to the Prom is dependent upon students demonstrating appropriate behaviour during their last year at college as well as attending the required amount of extra study sessions.