Ski Trip to Austria Easter 2018
We are planning a school ski trip during April half term 2018 for a group of students, together with three members of staff to Oberlungau, Austria. This trip will take place from 30 March 2018 and will be spread over 9 days. The trip will be a culturally enriching experience and would particularly benefit those students with an interest in travel and winter sports.
The students will be travelling across Europe by coach and will be staying in a hotel that caters for youth groups with activities arranged for the evenings.
The trip leaders will be Mr Harris, Miss Bentley and Mr Moore.
The cost of this trip will be approximately £804 if we can recruit a party of 40 students and this sum can be paid in instalments. The College will not run another ski trip until Easter 2020. The price includes the following:
- Return travel by executive coach and Ferry/Tunnel
- Full board accommodation, including hot lunches
- Fully comprehensive ski insurance, including ski breakage, snow guarantee, etc. (Please note there is no excess on medical claims)
- 5 day lift pass
- Ski lessons (5 days @ 5 hours)
- 5 days hire of skis, boots and poles
- Quiz night/Pizza night
- Snow tubing evening
- Bowling evening
- Shopping trip to a local town
- Presentation night followed by big prize bingo
- Ski certificates and medals on presentation night
If you would like your child to take part in this activity, you can book a place by paying a deposit of £85 by 9 June 2017, via ParentPay, or by cheque made payable to The Spires College. This deposit is non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled. The balance of the cost will need to be paid by 31 January 2018.