The college has a self-service canteen, which is operated by a specialist catering company, The Compass Group, who operate many school canteens. Our canteen has a 5 star rating for food hygiene and safety.
The canteen serves a wide range of school food compliant snacks plus there is a main meal option every day. A full price list can be viewed by clicking on this link below:
The canteen serves food at the following times:
- Before school 8 to 8.25 am
- Morning break 10.45 to 11 am
- Lunch time 1.05 to 1.45 pm
Paying for School Lunches
The canteen is “cashless” which means that students need to top up their meal account before choosing their food. When students reach the till, they are asked to enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) or use their thumbprint so that the cost can be deducted from their meal account.
Parents/carers can top up their child’s meal account in three ways:
- Using Parent Pay to make on-line payments with a debit or credit card.
- Using the top up machine in the canteen, which accepts coins and notes.
- Posting a cheque (made payable to Compass Group Ltd) in the secure box in the canteen next to the top up machine. This will be credited to the account before the next break and the funds will be available to spend immediately.
Getting a Parent Pay Account
We prefer meal accounts to be topped up using Parent Pay. If you have not got a Parent Pay account, then we can set this up for you. Please email email@example.com requesting set up and we can email you details of how to set up an account.
Using a Thumbprint to Pay in the Canteen
We much prefer students to use thumbprint recognition to pay for food as this is more secure than using a PIN. We need parental consent to scan thumbprints and this is given or declined when parents/carers complete the registration paperwork before students join the school. If your child already attends but you have not yet given consent, there is a letter with enrolment instructions below:
Free School Meals
Students entitled to free school meals are credited with £2.70 each day that they can spend at morning break or at lunchtime. Students choose their food and then use their thumbprint or PIN at the canteen till.
You can log in to ParentPay by using the following link to their website: