At The Spires College we take our responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of our students very seriously and this is evident in the following ways:
- We ensure that full discussion of the college’s safeguarding policy is included in the induction of all new members of staff and volunteers to ensure that there is a common understanding and to maintain a safe culture at the forefront of staff consciousness;
- All staff have child protection training as a minimum once every year.
- Our college policy encourages all staff to raise any concerns they may have about students; the interests of the young person are paramount and take priority over professional loyalties;
- Our staff selection and interview process will assess rigorously all candidates’ suitability and their commitment to safeguarding children;
- There may be occasions when our concern about your child means that we have to consult other agencies before we contact you;
- In addition to their tutors, students have pastoral support from their respective Pastoral Support Manager who is available before school, during breaks, lunchtimes and after school. Students can also access the School Health Nurse, Sexual Health Nurse, and our college Counsellor via weekly drop-in services;
- Under the leadership of the Designated Safeguarding Lead, Tracy French, the college has five additional staff who are specifically trained in Child Protection.
If parents or carers have any concerns regarding the welfare or safeguarding of students, then any of the following staff can be contacted directly:
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Sasha Agnew – Vice Principal
Charlotte Fisk – Pastoral Support
|Michele Lamacraft - Pastoral Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Safeguarding Officer||Donna Pearson – Pastoral Supportemail@example.com|
|Safeguarding Officer||Duncan Smillie – Head of Year|
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OR WELFARE OF YOUR CHILD, OR A CHILD YOU KNOW, YOU SHOULD ACT WITHOUT DELAY.
YOU CAN ASK FOR ADVICE, OR REPORT YOUR CONCERN TO:
|Torbay Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub|
|When these offices are closed call:The Emergency Duty Team – 01803 524519|
If the child is at immediate risk call the Police on 999.
Parents may find these websites useful in gaining more information about all aspects of safeguarding children:
More information is available by downloading the documents below: